Job description Session Musician near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what work is like for a session musician in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Musicians and singers (NOC 5133).
Musicians and singers
Musicians and singers perform with orchestras, choirs, opera companies and popular bands in establishments such as concert halls, lounges and theatres and in film, television and recording studios. This unit group also includes music teachers who usually teach in conservatories, academies and private homes.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Play one or more instruments as soloists or as members of a musical group before audiences or for recording purposes.
- Sing musical arrangements as soloists or as members of vocal groups before audiences or for recording purposes.
- Musicians and singers usually specialize in specific genres of music such as classical, country, ethnic, jazz, opera or popular music.
- Teachers of music or voice
- Teach technique, interpretation and music theory to students through private or group lessons.
- music teacher - musicians
- church organist
- guitar player
- opera singer
- recording artist
- rock singer
- University professors and lecturers
- Elementary school and kindergarten teachers
- Conductors, composers and arrangers
- Secondary school teachers
- Date modified: