Job description Electrical Mechanic near Lévis (QC)
Find out what work is like for an electrical mechanic in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Electrical mechanics (NOC 7333).
Electrical mechanics maintain, test, rebuild and repair electric motors, transformers, switchgear and other electrical apparatus. They are employed by independent electrical repair shops, service shops of electrical equipment manufacturers and maintenance departments of manufacturing companies.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Test and observe electrical, electronic and mechanical components and systems using testing and measuring instruments
- Troubleshoot and repair electric motors, transformers, switchgear, generators and other electro-mechanical equipment
- Replace or recondition shafts, bearings, commutators and other components
- Wind, assemble and install various types of coils for electric motors or transformers
- Perform static or dynamic balancing of armatures or rotors by welding, brazing or soldering electrical connections and by aligning and adjusting parts
- Test and repair or replace faulty wiring or components in electrical switchgear
- Test repaired motors, transformers, switchgear or other electrical apparatus to ensure proper performance
- Perform some machining to recondition or modify shafts, commutators or other parts
- Perform on-site servicing and repair.
- Electrical mechanics may specialize in working with certain types of apparatus, such as electric motors or transformers, or in performing certain functions, such as winding coils.
- armature winder repairer
- coil winder and repairer
- electrical mechanic
- electrical transformer repairer
- industrial motor winder-repairer
- power transformer repairer
- transformer repairer
- electrical mechanic apprentice
- electrical rewind mechanic
- electric motor systems technician
- Aircraft instrument, electrical and avionics mechanics, technicians and inspectors
- Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- Assemblers, fabricators and inspectors, industrial electrical motors and transformers
- Industrial electricians
- Date modified: