Job description Aircraft Rotary Mechanical Systems Technician near Ottawa (ON)
Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
Aircraft mechanics maintain, repair, overhaul, modify and test aircraft structural, mechanical and hydraulic systems. Aircraft inspectors inspect aircraft and aircraft systems following manufacture, modification, maintenance, repair or overhaul. Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors are employed by aircraft manufacturing, maintenance, repair and overhaul establishments, and by airlines and other aircraft operators.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Aircraft mechanics
- Troubleshoot aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust and repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures
- Repair and overhaul aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems
- Install or modify aircraft engines and mechanical, hydraulic, flight control, fuel and pneumatic systems
- Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines or other aircraft systems for repair, overhaul and cleaning, and reassemble
- Perform and document routine maintenance
- Order and maintain inventory of parts and supplies.
- Aircraft mechanics usually specialize in working on specific aircraft systems such as engines, engine accessories, airframes, propellers, mechanical components or hydraulic systems and specific kinds of aircraft, such as light aircraft, jet transports and helicopters.
- Aircraft inspectors
- Inspect structural and mechanical systems of aircraft and ensure that these systems meet Transport Canada and company standards of performance and safety
- Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, repair and overhaul, or modification of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures
- Maintain detailed repair, inspection and certification records of aircrafts.
- shop inspector, aircraft repair
- aircraft mechanic
- aircraft maintenance engineer (AME) (except avionics)
- aircraft gas turbine engine technician
- aircraft structural repair technician
- aviation mechanical component shop technician
- hydraulic mechanic, aircraft
- inspector, flight test
- inspector, repair and overhaul
- aircraft inspector
- aircraft systems inspector
- certified aircraft technician
- Date modified: