Job description Terminal Supervisor - Motor Transport near Calgary (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "terminal supervisor - motor transport" was moved from the group Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators (NOC 7305) to the group Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators (NOC 72024).
Find out what work is like for a terminal supervisor - motor transport in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators (NOC 72024).
Supervisors, motor transport and other ground transit operators
Supervisors of motor transport and other ground transit operators supervise and coordinate activities of truck drivers, bus drivers, delivery drivers, subway and other transit operators, chauffeurs and taxi and limousine drivers. This unit group also includes bus dispatchers who co-ordinate the activities of transit system bus drivers and subway traffic controllers who operate and monitor signal and track switch control panels. They are employed by motor transportation and ground transit companies and by urban transit systems.
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate trucks, buses, subway trains, light rail transit, street cars, taxis and other transport vehicles
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve performance
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Dispatch bus drivers and monitor routes to ensure schedules are met and to resolve operating problems
- Monitor and operate signal and track switch control panel of subway systems
- Prepare work reports and budgets, and monitor expenditures.
- bus dispatcher
- bus inspector
- light rail transit (LRT) operators supervisor
- school bus drivers supervisor
- subway operators supervisor
- subway traffic controller
- transit mobile inspector
- truck drivers foreman/woman
- urban transit system foreman/woman
- Railway traffic controllers and marine traffic regulators
- Supervisors, railway transport operations
- Date modified: