Job description Food And Beverage Server near Kelowna (BC)
Find out what work is like for a food and beverage server in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Food and beverage servers (NOC 6513).
Food and beverage servers
Food and beverage servers take patrons' food and beverage orders and serve orders to patrons. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, bars, taverns, private clubs, banquet halls and similar establishments.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
- Take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff
- Recommend wines that complement patrons' meals
- Serve food and beverages
- Prepare and serve specialty foods at patrons' tables
- Present bill to patrons and accept payment
- May order and maintain inventory of wines and wine glassware
- May perform sensory evaluation of wines.
- food and beverage server
- formal service waiter/waitress
- banquet server
- cocktail waiter/waitress
- wine steward
- chief wine steward
- captain waiter/waitress
- Date modified: