Job description Factory Tour Guide near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what work is like for a factory tour guide in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Tour and travel guides (NOC 6531).
Tour and travel guides
Tour and travel guides escort individuals and groups on trips, on sightseeing tours of cities and on tours of historical sites and establishments such as famous buildings, manufacturing plants, cathedrals and theme parks. They also provide descriptions and background information on interesting features. They are employed by tour operators, resorts and other establishments or may be self-employed.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Tour guides
- Transport or escort individuals or groups on tours of cities, waterways and industrial and other establishments
- Describe points of interest, answer questions and supply information
- Provide historical and cultural facts related to the site
- May collect admission fees and sell souvenirs.
- Travel guides
- Escort individuals and groups on vacation and business trips
- Ensure that reservations for transportation and accommodations are confirmed and that prepared itineraries are met
- Visit and describe points of interest and plan and carry out recreational activities
- Resolve problems with itineraries, service and accommodations.
- bicycle tour guide
- calèche driver
- factory tour guide
- tour guide
- travel guide
- adventure travel site interpreter
- industrial site interpreter
- Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c.
- Outdoor sport and recreational guides
- Technical occupations related to museums and art galleries
- Date modified: