Job description Technical Sales Specialist - Metals in Québec
Find out what work is like for a technical sales specialist - metals in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade (NOC 6221).
Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade
Technical sales specialists, wholesale trade, sell a range of technical goods and services, such as scientific, agricultural and industrial products, electricity, telecommunications services and computer services, to governments and to commercial and industrial establishments in domestic and international localities. They are employed by establishments that produce or provide technical goods and services, such as pharmaceutical companies, industrial equipment manufacturing companies, grain elevators, computer services firms, engineering firms and hydroelectric companies, or they may be self-employed technical sales specialists/agents who contract their services to other companies. Technical sales specialists who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Maintain and grow sales relationships with existing clients
- Identify and solicit potential clients
- Assess clients' needs, recommend or assist in the selection of appropriate goods or services, and negotiate prices or other sales terms
- Provide input into product design where goods or services must be tailored to suit clients' needs
- Develop sales presentations, proposals, or other materials to illustrate benefits from use of good or service
- Estimate costs of installing and maintaining equipment or service
- Prepare and administer sales contracts and maintain customer records
- Consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to equipment
- Develop and maintain technical product or service knowledge to explain features to clients and answer questions about goods or services
- Develop, implement and report on marketing plans and sales strategies to achieve business goals
- Assess market conditions and competitors' activities and develop an awareness of emerging markets and trends
- A driver's licence and a good driving record may be required.
- May supervise the activities of other technical staff and sales specialists.
- May offer training in the operation and maintenance of equipment
- Technical sales specialists usually specialize in a particular line of goods or services.
- grain elevator district manager
- grain elevator operator
- aircraft sales representative
- sales engineer - technical support
- technical support specialist - wholesale trade
- technical sales representative
- technical sales supervisor
- communication equipment sales representative
- software sales representative
- construction equipment sales representative
- electricity sales representative
- heavy equipment sales representative
- industrial supplies sales representative
- medical instruments sales agent
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- Retail salespersons
- Sales and account representatives - wholesale trade (non-technical)
- Date modified: