Job description Executive Assistant near Toronto (ON)
Find out what work is like for an executive assistant in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Executive assistants (NOC 1222).
Executive assistants co-ordinate administrative procedures, public relations activities and research and analysis functions for members of legislative assemblies, ministers, deputy ministers, corporate officials and executives, committees and boards of directors. They are employed by governments, corporations and associations.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Establish and co-ordinate administrative policies and procedures for officials, committees and boards of directors
- Analyze incoming and outgoing memoranda, submissions and reports and prepare and co-ordinate the preparation and submission of summary briefs and reports to executives, committees and boards of directors
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board and other meetings
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and boards of directors
- Meet with individuals, special interest groups and others on behalf of executives, committees and boards of directors to discuss issues and assess and recommend various courses of action
- Liaise with departmental and corporate officials and with other organizations and associations on behalf of executives, committees and boards of directors.
- corporate secretary
- executive assistant
- legislative assistant
- committee clerk
- Date modified: