Job description Leisure Vehicle Technician (except Recreational Vehicles) near Toronto (ON)
Find out what work is like for a leisure vehicle technician (except recreational vehicles) in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle and other related mechanics (NOC 7334).
Motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle and other related mechanics
Motorcycle of all-terrain vehicle and other related mechanics test, repair and service motorcycles, motor scooters, snowmobiles, outboard motors, forklifts and all-terrain vehicles. They are employed by service shops of motorcycle dealers and retailers and by independent service establishments.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with supervisor
- Inspect and test engine and other mechanical components using test devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts and components using hand tools and equipment
- Test and adjust repaired systems for proper performance
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on equipment
- Advise customers on work performed and general condition of equipment
- Determine estimates of repair cost
- May repair and rebuild hoisting mechanism and other mechanical systems on industrial trucks and forklifts.
- snowmobile repairer
- motorcycle mechanic apprentice
- all-terrain vehicle repairer
- motor scooter repairer
- motorcycle mechanic
- forklift mechanic
- industrial truck repairer
- motor boat mechanic
- outboard motor mechanic
- Date modified: