Job description Osteopathic Manual Practitioner near Vancouver (BC)
Practitioners of natural healing
Practitioners of natural healing provide health care to patients using traditional Chinese medicine techniques and other forms of treatment including acupuncture, herbology or reflexology to promote, maintain and restore the holistic health of patients. They usually work in private practice, including group or team practices, or are employed by clinics, health clubs and spas.
- This group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners
- Diagnose the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of patients
- Treat them using raw herbs and other medicines, dietary supplements or acupuncture.
- Diagnose symptoms, physiological disorders and injuries of patients
- Treat them by the insertion of acupuncture needles or through stimulation techniques such as acupressure, moxibustion, cupping or electrical current.
- Assess patients and advise them on the use of herbs for the treatment of conditions such as arthritis, rheumatism, asthma, skin disorders and stomach ailments
- May cultivate herbs and manufacture and sell herbal compounds.
- Osteopathic manual therapists
- Diagnose, treat and manage musculoskeletal and other related disorders of the body's structure by moving, stretching, and massaging a patients' muscles and joints to correct biomechanical dysfunctions.
- Assess illnesses and treat them by administering, in chemical or herbal form, a small dosage of a remedy made from natural substances or by suggesting lifestyle changes.
- Apply gentle finger pressure to specific spots on the clients' feet or hands to promote relaxation and better health and well-being.
- traditional Chinese medicine practitioner
- ayurvedic practitioner
- Date modified: