Job description Liquor Controller - Inventory near Edmonton (AB)
Find out what work is like for a liquor controller - inventory in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Purchasing and inventory control workers (NOC 1524).
Purchasing and inventory control workers
Purchasing and inventory control workers process purchasing transactions and maintain inventories of materials, equipment and stock. They are employed by retail and wholesale establishments, manufacturing companies, government agencies and other establishments.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Purchasing control workers
- Review requisition orders for accuracy and verify that materials, equipment and stock are not available from current inventories
- Source and obtain price quotations from catalogues and suppliers and prepare purchase orders
- Calculate cost of orders and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts
- Process purchases within purchasing authority
- Contact suppliers to schedule deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed deliveries and other problems
- Prepare and maintain purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Inventory control workers
- Monitor inventory levels as materials, equipment and stock are issued, transferred within an establishment or sold to the public using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Compile inventory reports, recording the quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and stock on hand, using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish materials, equipment and stock
- Maintain stock rotation and dispose of and account for outdated stock
- Enter data for production scheduling, stock replenishment/relocation and inventory adjustments
- Reconcile physical inventories with computer counts.
- inventory clerk
- inventory control clerk
- procurement clerk
- purchasing clerk
- purchasing clerk assistant
- inventory analyst
- inventory planner
- Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations
- Purchasing agents and officers
- Retail and wholesale buyers
- Storekeepers and partspersons
- Date modified: