Job description Officer, Security Analysis - Postal Service near Calgary (AB)
Security guards and related security service occupations
Security guards and workers in related security service occupations guard and implement security measures to protect property against theft, vandalism and fire, control access to establishments, maintain order and enforce regulations at public events and within establishments, conduct private investigations for clients or employers and provide other protective services not elsewhere classified. They are employed by public or private security agencies, residential complexes, educational, cultural, financial and health institutions, retail establishments, businesses and industry, investigation service companies, transportation facilities, and organizations throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Security guards
- Control access to establishments, operate security control-room equipment and patrol assigned areas to guard against theft, vandalism and fire
- Enforce regulations to maintain order and resolve conflicts and to monitor establishment activities
- Ensure safety and emergency procedures are followed
- Issue passes and direct visitors to appropriate areas, check age identification of patrons, and perform security checks of passengers and luggage at airports.
- Armoured car guards
- Drive and guard armoured trucks, pick-up and deliver cash and valuables to banks, automated teller machines and retail establishments.
- Corporate security officers
- Investigate unlawful acts of employees or patrons of establishments
- Recommend security systems such as electronic detection devices and access devices.
- Private investigators
- Conduct investigations to locate missing persons
- Obtain information for use in civil and criminal litigation matters or for other purposes
- May also conduct polygraph tests (integrity surveys) for clients.
- Retail loss prevention officers
- Prevent and detect shoplifting and theft in retail establishments.
- corporate security officer
- private security officer
- gate attendant - security
- airport security guard
- armoured car guard
- security guard
- preboarding security guard
- postal inspection officer
- store detective
- house detective
- alarm investigator
- night guard
- automatic teller machine (ATM) guard
- private investigator
- retail loss prevention officer
- theft prevention officer
- bodyguard (except police)
- Date modified: