Job description Industrial Instrument Service Technician near Chibougamau (QC)
Find out what work is like for an industrial instrument service technician in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics (NOC 2243).
Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics repair, maintain, calibrate, adjust, and install industrial measuring and controlling instrumentation. They are employed by pulp and paper processing companies, nuclear and hydro power generating companies, mining, petrochemical and natural gas companies, industrial instrument and other manufacturing companies, and by industrial instrument servicing establishments.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Consult manufacturer's manuals, circuit diagrams and blueprints to determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing
- Inspect and test operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments
- Repair and adjust system components, such as sensors, transmitters and programmable logic controllers, or remove and replace defective parts
- Calibrate components and instruments according to manufacturers' specifications
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance work and complete test and maintenance reports
- Install control and measurement instruments on existing and new plant equipment and processes
- Consult with and advise process operators.
- apprentice industrial instrument mechanic
- industrial instrument mechanic
- process control equipment mechanic
- instrument technician, industrial
- industrial instrumentation technician
- Aircraft instrument, electrical and avionics mechanics, technicians and inspectors
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers
- Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
- Date modified: