Job description Logging Machinery Operator near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL)
Logging machinery operators
Logging machinery operators operate cable yarding systems, mechanical harvesters and forwarders and mechanical tree processors and loaders to fell, yard and process trees at logging sites. They are employed by logging companies and contractors.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Cable yarding system operators
- Operate machines to transport trees from logging areas to landing or log loading sites in mountainous terrain in western Canada.
- Mechanical harvester and forwarder operators
- Assess site and terrain and drive heavy equipment to perform a combination of felling, slashing, bucking, bunching and forwarding operations at logging areas.
- Mechanical tree processor and loader operators
- Operate a variety of machines which perform a combination of slashing, bucking, chipping, sorting and loading logs or trees at landing sites.
- rigging slinger - logging
- yarder operator - logging
- steel spar operator - logging
- chipping machine operator
- delimber operator
- loader operator - logging
- log processor operator
- slasher operator - logging
- feller buncher operator
- feller forwarder operator
- shortwood harvester operator
- treelength forwarder operator
- linehorse operator
- grapple operator - logging
- Date modified: