Job description Fast Food Restaurant Manager in the Red Deer Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "fast food restaurant manager" was moved from the group Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 0631) to the group Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 60030).
Find out what work is like for a fast food restaurant manager in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Restaurant and food service managers (NOC 60030).
Restaurant and food service managers
Restaurant and food service managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of restaurants, bars, cafeterias and other food and beverage services. They are employed in food and beverage service establishments, or they may be self-employed.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a restaurant, bar, cafeteria or other food or beverage service
- Determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures
- Recruit staff and oversee staff training
- Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance
- Control inventory, monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices
- Resolve customer complaints and ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies
- Negotiate arrangements with clients for catering or use of facilities for banquets or receptions.
- banquet manager
- bar manager
- cafeteria manager
- catering service manager
- dining room manager
- food services manager
- hotel food and beverage service manager
- restaurant assistant manager
- restaurant manager
- restaurateur - food services
- Food service supervisors
- Dietitians and nutritionists
- Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services
- Date modified: