Job description Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators Supervisor near Edmonton (AB)
Find out what work is like for a public works maintenance equipment operators supervisor in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302).
Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews
Contractors and supervisors of heavy equipment operator crews supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: Crane operators (7371), Drillers and blasters – surface mining, quarrying and construction (7372), Water well drillers (7373), Longshore workers (7451), Material handlers (7452), Heavy equipment operators (except crane) (7521), Public works maintenance equipment operators and related workers (7522), Railway yard and track maintenance workers (7531), and Public works and maintenance labourers (7621). They are employed in a wide range of establishments; places of employment are indicated in the above unit group descriptions. Contractors may be self-employed.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who operate cranes and construction, paving, drilling, railway maintenance and other similar heavy equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other project supervisors or managers
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May also supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
- Small businesses' contractors may execute tasks within their trade area of expertise, which is generally not the case for supervisors or contractors associated with a medium or large business.
- railway section foreman/woman
- supervisor, heavy equipment operators
- supervisor, oil field construction
- supervisor, water well drilling
- track foreman/woman - railway
- road maintenance foreman/woman
- paving contractor
- pipeline construction supervisor
- foreman/woman, railway track maintenance
- section foreman/woman, railway
- excavating contractor
- foreman/woman, demolition
- foreman/woman, drilling and blasting - construction
- foreman/woman, logging road construction
- foreman/woman, railway gang
- Date modified: