Job description Stand-up Comedian near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what work is like for a stand-up comedian in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Actors and comedians (NOC 5135).
Actors and comedians
Actors and comedians perform roles in motion picture, television, theatre and radio productions to entertain a variety of audiences. They are employed by motion picture, television, theatre and other production companies. This unit group includes acting teachers employed by private acting schools.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Actors and comedians
- Study and rehearse lines, gestures and expressions to interpret a role
- Portray roles in video or motion picture productions, television shows, theatre productions, radio dramas, commercials and other productions or perform the narration
- Sing or dance as required by specific roles
- Perform comedy acts in nightclubs alone or as members of comedy troupes
- Improvise a role.
- Acting teachers
- Train students in interpretation of scripts, speech, movement, and dramatic theory
- Prepare acting students for specific auditions and performances.
- drama teacher - private or studio
- acting teacher - private or studio
- University professors and lecturers
- Musicians and singers
- Other performers, n.e.c.
- Announcers and other broadcasters
- Date modified: