Job description Operations Manager - Trade, Broadcasting And Other Services near London (ON)
Find out what work is like for an operations manager - trade, broadcasting and other services in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c. (NOC 0015).
Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.
Senior managers in trade, broadcasting and other customer services plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, trade, broadcasting and other service industry companies. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these companies, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors. They work in establishments in broadcasting and related media services, wholesale trade, retail trade, accommodation and food service, and other services not elsewhere classified or they may own and operate their own business.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Establish objectives for the company and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the company, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company, in negotiations or other official functions.
- Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing or human resources or in the sale of a particular product or provision of a particular service.
- travel agency chief executive officer (CEO)
- professional sports club chief financial officer (CFO)
- general manager, cleaning service
- restaurant chain corporate controller
- president, department store
- hotel chain regional vice-president
- vice-president, finance - food wholesaling
- vice-president, marketing - grocery store chain
- vice-president, operations - radio broadcasting services
- vice-president, engineering - television broadcasting services
- Date modified: