Job description Chairman/woman - Health, Education, Social And Community Services And Membership Organizations near Thunder Bay (ON)
Find out what work is like for a chairman/woman - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations in Canada. This work description is applicable to all Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations (NOC 0014).
Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
Senior managers in health, education, social and community services and membership organizations plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, membership and other organizations or institutions that deliver health, education, social or community services. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these organizations, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors. They are employed in health care organizations, educational services, social and community services and membership organizations or they may own and operate their own business.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Establish objectives for the organization or institution and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions.
- Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing, human resources or in a particular service area.
- executive director, automobile association
- social services institution corporate controller
- health services institution executive director
- professional association executive director
- voluntary organization executive director
- membership organization general manager
- president, labour organization
- business association president
- music guild president
- arts and culture association chairperson
- chairperson, scientific association
- educational institution chief financial officer (CFO)
- Managers in health care
- School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education
- Managers in social, community and correctional services
- Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration
- Government managers - education policy development and program administration
- Other managers in public administration
- Administrators - post-secondary education and vocational training
- Date modified: