Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood; Remove bones from meat; Prepare special displays of meats, poultry and fish products; Prepare special orders; Make special sausages; Grind meats; Cut fish into steaks and fillets; Cut poultry into parts; Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat; Cut carcasses, sides and quarters
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Slicing machine; Sausage machine; Salami mixer and cooker; Power grinder; Manual cutting utensil; Band saw
- Additional Skills
- Wrap and package prepared meats; Weigh meats for sale; Train meat cutters; Sell meats to customers; Price meat products; Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting; Supervise other butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers
- Work Setting
- Supermarket and meat department; Supermarket/grocery store
- Work Site Environment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for the advertised start date?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.