On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate; Occupational Health and Safety Certificate; Bricklayer Red Seal Certificate; Bricklayer Trade Certification; Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
5 years or more
- Specific Skills
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units; Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing; Construct and install prefabricated masonry units; Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations; Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required; Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools; Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces
- Major Work Area
- Renovation; Repair; Historical restoration; Construction
- Work Setting
- Residential; Commercial
- Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check; Criminal record check; Basic security clearance
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Safety equipment/gear; Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat; Gloves
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Workplace information
- On the road job
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.