Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Additional Skills
- Supervise other workers; Operate CADD and other computer software systems; Instruct apprentices; Estimate costs and materials; Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
- Area of Specialization
- Skylights; Conventional and inverted built-up system; Rigid pre-formed roofing system; Single ply sheet membrane roofing system; Modified roofing system
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Hard hat; Safety harness; Gloves
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; At heights
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Hand-eye co-ordination; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Large workload
- Roofer Specific Skills
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel; Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions; Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings; Install sheet metal flashings; Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools; Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.