No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
4th Period Apprentice; 3rd Period Apprentice; Auto Body Repairer Trade Certification; Motor Vehicle Body Repairer Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Hammer out dents, buckles and defects using blocks and hammers; File, grind and sand body surfaces to be repaired; Replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components; Repair or replace interior components; Apply primers and repaint surfaces; Review damage report and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed; Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting; Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills and bolt or weld replacement parts into place; Inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling; Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams; Straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment
- Area of Work Experience
- Welding; Underbody components; Uni body machine; Metal cutting; Doors and frame; Body components
- Additional Skills
- Clean and maintain work space
- Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Steel-toed safety boots; Mask
- Work Site Environment
- Noisy; Odours; Dusty
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Valid driver's licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- In shop
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.