No degree, certificate or diploma
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units; Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing; Construct and install prefabricated masonry units; Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations; Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools; Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces; Lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys; Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials
- Additional Skills
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages; Supervise other workers; Prepare tenders and quotations; Instruct apprentices; Estimate materials, labour, tools and equipment; Restore, clean or paint existing masonry structures
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Safety equipment/gear; Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat; Gloves
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Team player; Client focus; Reliability
- Financial benefits
- As per collective agreement
As per collective agreement
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.