No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood; Remove bones from meat; Prepare special displays of meats, poultry and fish products; Prepare special orders; Grind meats; Cut fish into steaks and fillets; Cut poultry into parts; Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat; Cut carcasses, sides and quarters; Clean and prepare fish and shellfish
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Manual cutting utensil; Band saw
- Additional Skills
- Wrap and package prepared meats; Weigh meats for sale; Train meat cutters; Sell meats to customers; Price meat products; Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting; Supervise other butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers
- Work Setting
- Butcher shop
- Work Site Environment
- Odours; Cold/refrigerated
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Client focus; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.