Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Dispatcher Specific Skills
- Record mileage, fuel use, repairs and other expenses; Operate computer-aided communications and dispatching equipment; Dispatch personnel according to schedules and work orders; Schedule assignments and co-ordinate activities of vehicle operators, crews and equipment; Keep track of shipments; Follow-up on issues with work orders; Knowledge of cross border dispatching regulations and practices; Knowledge of highway trucking and associated rules and regulations; Maintain vehicle operator work records
- Additional Skills
- Maintain work records and logs; Perform general office duties; Monitor personnel workloads and locations; Organize warehouse and work areas
- Work Setting
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- 1 to 2 people
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Reliability; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.