Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units; Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing; Construct and install prefabricated masonry units; Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations; Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required; Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools; Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces; Lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys; Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks; Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials
- Major Work Area
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Bending, crouching, kneeling
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.