Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units; Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing; Construct and install prefabricated masonry units; Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations; Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required; Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools; Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces; Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks
- Major Work Area
- Additional Skills
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages; Estimate materials, labour, tools and equipment; Restore, clean or paint existing masonry structures
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Bending, crouching, kneeling
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.