No degree, certificate or diploma
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Prepare and lay bricks, concrete blocks, structural tiles or other masonry units; Lay bricks, stone or similar materials to provide veneer facing; Construct and install prefabricated masonry units; Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations; Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required; Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools; Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces; Lay radial bricks to build masonry shells of industrial chimneys; Lay or install firebricks to line industrial chimneys and smokestacks; Line or reline furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations using refractory or acid-resistant bricks, refractory concretes, plastic refractories and other materials
- Additional Skills
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages; Estimate materials, labour, tools and equipment; Restore, clean or paint existing masonry structures
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Safety equipment/gear; Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat; Gloves
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Client focus; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply for this job?
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.