This job posting has been provided directly by the employer through Job Bank’s employer job posting system.
Posted on November 18, 2019
Institut de recherche sur les zones côtières inc.
- Salary$$33,000 to $48,000YEAR yearly for 36.25 hours per week
- Terms of employment
Term or contract (ending: 2020-12-31)
- Start date
- As per collective agreement
2 years to less than 3 years
- Industrial Processes and Biological Studies
- Product development
- Area of Work Experience
- Veterinary; Statistical analysis; Fisheries; Applied non-industrial research; Research institute, laboratory or centre
- Additional Skills
- Participate in the commercialization of new products; Supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists; Conduct biostatistical data analysis using computer modelling techniques
- Security and Safety
- Basic security clearance
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to Supervise
- Working groups; Staff in various areas of responsibility
- Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication
- Biologists Specific Skills
- Plan and conduct studies of the environment, and of the population, distribution, structure and functional characteristics and behaviour of plants and animals; Study, identify and classify plant and animal specimens; Conduct experiments in plant or animal growth, heredity and breeding; Prepare reports and plans for management of renewable resources
- Microbiologists and Cell and Molecular Biologists Specific Skills
- Conduct research into the structure, function, ecology, biotechnology and genetics of micro-organisms, including bacteria, fungi, protozoans, and algae; Conduct research into the structure and functioning of human, animal and plant tissues and cells; Conduct studies into the identification, effects and control of human, plant and animal pathogens and toxins; Conduct molecular or biochemical studies and experiments in genetic expression, gene manipulation and recombinant DNA technology to develop new or alternative methods of producing products
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided directly by the employer through Job Bank’s job posting system. The Government of Canada has taken extra steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.
Report a problem with this job posting