Help Desk Technician
This job posting has been provided directly by the employer through Job Bank’s employer job posting system.
Posted on September 13, 2019
North York, ON
- Salary$$17.5HOUR hourly for 37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employment
Term or contract (ending: null)
- Start date
As soon as possible
- Placement Agency
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced; Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions; Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties; Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts; Participate in the redesign of applications and other software; Supervise other technical support workers in this group; Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software; Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Ability to distinguish between colours; Sound discrimination; Sitting; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Judgement; Organized
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided directly by the employer through Job Bank’s job posting system. The Government of Canada has taken extra steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.
Report a problem with this job posting